How to use
DO A PATCH TEST
Whilst Buub Body Tape is suitable for most skin types we always recommend doing a patch test before using for the first time (particularly if you have sensitive skin). To do this, simply apply a small piece of Buub Body Tape on to the breast area, without stretching the tape. Leave for at least four hours then slowly peel off. If any irritation occurs during or after patch testing, discontinue use. Buub products are not for daily use, please allow your skin 72 hours between uses.
HOW TO APPLY
APPLY TO CLEAN DRY SKIN
Only apply Buub Body Tape to clean, dry skin that is free of oils, moisturisers or other products. Oils and body lotions dissolve and prevent the adhesive from sticking to the skin so it is very important to make sure your skin is clean and dry. Do not apply to damaged, irritated or sunburned skin.
Using sharp scissors, cut the tape to your desired length. Slowly peel the backing paper from the tape making sure the tape does not touch your hands or itself, once the tape has touched something it will not re-stick. Use one hand to lift your breast to where you want it to be and with the other hand place the tape on the base of the breast and apply the tape in an upward direction, making sure you are placing it where you want it to sit.
When applying the tape, add a little tension, but not too much as this can cause skin irritation. Please read our safety guidelines before use to avoid any skin injury. Once the tape is in place you can carefully trim any tape that you do not want to show under your clothing. If correctly applied, each roll should last you between 5-8 uses.
USE OUR NIPPLE COVERS
We highly recommend using Buub Nipple Covers prior to applying Buub Body Tape to protect the sensitive skin in this area. They will also make removal much easier and more comfortable.
DO NOT WEAR FOR MORE THAN 8 HOURS
The longer you wear Buub the stickier the adhesive gets. Prolonged use can cause irritation and discomfort when removing. Remember to use an oil or lotion when removing.
HOW TO REMOVE
Buub Body Tape is easily removed by peeling off gently, or dampening the tape in oil (coconut oil is perfect). Leave it to soak in for up to 5 minutes as the oils will help for a smoother removal. We recommend using this method if you have sensitive skin.
When ready, slowly peel the tape away from the body at a 45 degree angle so as not to pull the skin. Take it easy here, there's no need to rip or rush. Apply more oil to any stubborn patches.
After removal, use more oil and a cotton pad to remove any adhesive residue, if required. Please read our safety guidelines page before using our products.
A VARIETY OF STYLES
Below are a few idea for ways to apply our Body Tape to suit any garment. Use these to start from and create your own styles.
HOW TO APPLY
- Make sure your chest and boobs are clean and dry, free of any oils, powders and moisturisers.
- Apply your Nipple Covers. Peel the backing paper from the bottom half of the bra.
- Lift your breast and place the exposed portion of the bra under your breast where you would like the bra to sit.
- Remove the top portion of the backing paper, apply a little tension but not too much and place the bra on the rest of your breast and chest. Give it a rub to stick it in place.
- Repeat on the other breast. Pop on your clothing and trim the bra if needed.
- Remember to use body oil or warm soapy water when removing the bra.
HOW TO APPLY
- Get dressed in your desired garment, and tighten the garment if possible for best results.
- Stick one Bra Pad in place to the inside of your garment, not onto your skin.
- Scoop your breast up and towards the centre of your chest to create cleavage.
- While scoping upwards, press the insert onto the breast and press firmly to secure.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 on the other side.
- Check in the mirror to make sure that both sides are even, and adjust if needed.
- Hand wash only, do not machine wash or tumble dry.
- Use your fingertips to gently wash the adhesive, avoiding contact with your fingernails to prevent damage.
- Rinse with warm water to remove any residue. Carefully shake off excess water and squeeze gently to remove any remaining water.
- Allow to air dry in a dust-free area. When completely dry, reapply the protective film and store in the travel pouch for extra protection and easy transport.
Silicone Nipple Covers
- To wash, simply use warm water and mild soap containing no creams or nourishing oils. With the palm of the hand gently rub to clean. Try not to use nails or scratch the glue.
- Do not use a washing machine, brush, fingertips, or any detergent to clean as this causes permanent damage to the glue causing them to loose their stick.
- After cleaning, shake off all excess moisture and leave to air dry. Once dry place the protective film back on the covers and store in the pouch ready for the next use.